Wednesday, May 12, 2010

CLASS 2A HIGH SCHOOL TENNIS: Sonora's Chavarria wins 2A golf crown in playoff

Austin - The time after the success, Sonora sophomore Isabel Chavarria could only wait.

Expect as a result came

With time 8:10 Tuesday Tee, the second year in the hours before the main competition and had to spend time waiting for the best after dropping a pair of 79s in state golf tournament at Roy Kizer Golf Course Austin.

"The wait was very desperate," said Chavarria. «I tried to calm down, but obviously, I was wondering how I did. My father and my coach had me go hit balls and putt, and he kept me relaxed and ready to go.

Finally, he was informed that 36 holes would be enough to determine the class 2A championship medal. Chavarria was tied for first place with Rachel Van salad Hoozer.

She should go back out on the playoff hole course with championship status on the line.

Despite the wait, the second year, parred the playoff hole, while Van Hoozer bogeyed the hole, giving the title Chavarria.

"I am very excited to be a champion - it is still sinking," said Chavarria.

As if the wait was not bad enough, he said he is very insolence, when it knew would be in the playoffs.

"I was more nervous (if found), but I knew I had to play my game and not think about it," said Chavarria.

Even after 79 seconds of straight shooting Tuesday, the second year I felt I could play better.

"The wind does not hurt really, but had problems with my first post," said Chavarria. "I three putted four holes. I was very upset with some - I had a ghost in a double-Fri, the 3rd. I was not happy with the way we played today, but obviously the result was OK."

Sonora head coach Thomas Hanson said Chavarria is special.

"He works hard and listens," said Hanson. "It's just a ball launcher, this is a golfer. I think your way around the golf course, and is a very special girl."

While I was busy sewing Chavarria medal girls title, Sonora children participated in a playoff of their own, with Brock in third place after the two schools a shot from 674 after two days.

All five players from both teams had to repeat the 18th hole with the least added value, taking third place.

The playoffs twice Hanson in a situation trying to watch Chavarria and his team while playing the new holes.

"I tried to come together and continue to monitor what they were doing," said Hanson. "I put a little lead, but it was good."

The bronze was based on previous experience in the tournament of the state and held off the Bulldogs to finish third.

Word sophomore Hudson had the low round of the day for the bronze medal for the second straight day, shooting a 79, two days a total of 161.

"We had hoped to leave early and get ahead, but we could not do it," said Hanson. "We are very pleased with what we have, because it needs to go home with something."

With four teams all within walking distance to go until the last day of competition, the group of boys, it appears that the four groups felt that they had a chance heading into the round Tuesday.

Wall, making his first appearance as a group, did most of your trip, taking 74 sophomore Garrett Smith for shaving 10 strokes from the day the team and the entire agreement between the 672 two days. The total was good enough for second place behind champions Quitman remained outside Region II.

total tournaments Smith, of 154 was enough to put him in a playoff with three other players for second place in the ranking of medals.

Like Chavarria, Smith felt the nerves of playing in that playoff in major tournaments situation.

"My second shot I had a bad lie, and had to play with what they gave me, but I was happy," said Smith.

Finally, Smith was beaten in the playoff hole, but still celebrated the arrival of second place with their peers.

Wall head coach Jamie Walling said the Hawks were much better on the second day of the tournament.

"We played much better today, second place is great," said Walling. "My goal was to win a medal, and the second is a medal, so I'm very happy.

"Children deserve after all the hard work at home, and today is the earth and played golf. We are bringing a trophy on the wall. "

Views said the team had so many penalties in two days, with better control your emotions.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment